Welcome to My World

This blog was created to keep you informed about new projects, and events coming up.

Thursday, March 17, 2011

On TV

Its pilot season right now and a lot of new shows a filming around town. Some of these shows will be produced but most will fail to get picked up. The truth is its damn hard to do anything semi fresh on tv unless its HBO. Dont belive me just turn on the tv for 5 min. So here is a short list of some of the shows I checked out this week or are starting back up this month that I think are on point.

I'm probably gonna expand on this list as new shows get going in the spring. The list is of current shows going so no Mad Men or True Blood (two of my favorite shows).

Its not a secrete that I have been doing some work on The Good Wife, so I'm prob a bit biased when I include the show on my favorite list, but the thing is the concept/writing works and Jules, Josh, Christine and Archie are great to work with.

Lights Out, is a sleeper show that I personally think is the first successful and coherent show about boxing. It has breakout roles by Holt McCallany, Pablo Schreiber and the always terrific Eamonn Walker.

This week I caught a couple of episodes of last years Spartacus. A blend between Rome, The Gladiator and True Blood. In other words overtly bloody and a lot of sex. Great fun! The new season just started on Starr.

Nurse Jackie is back later this month. I for one am looking forward to seeing Edie Falco working her magic.

And not to miss the opportunity to plug a black production, Idris Elba is executive producing a new tv series called Milk and Honey. So fare its just a trailer, but I gotta support.


milk + honey series trailer from brown paper dolls on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment